Welcome to Superstrikers Cricket Coquitlam. All skill levels welcome!
No previous cricket experience or knowledge needed, just a willingness to learn and have fun!
The Superstrikers gives girls and boys aged 6 – 18 years old an opportunity to learn to play cricket in a fun and safe learning environment. The players learn and develop important physical skills such as throwing, catching, batting and bowling, while improving their balance, agility and speed. Practices take place Monday evenings at Mackin Park in Coquitlam. Games take place Saturday mornings at various lower mainland fields.
KANGA CRICKET (Boys and Girls aged 6 - 13 years)
- Use plastic bats and a softer ball.
- A fun way for your child to learn the sport of cricket.
- Fun, skills based activities are used during practices.
- Games are fast paced and designed to keep the children moving and having fun!
- Our coaches teach kids how to throw, catch, bowl and bat safely.
- Children are placed in teams of 8 - 12 players and everyone gets an opportunity to field, bowl and bat.
HARDBALL CRICKET (Girls and Boys aged 12 -18 years)
- Regulation game with a wooden bat and a hard ball.
- Geared towards those who possess past experience in the game.
Training sessions include batting and bowling in the nets as well as on field drills.
- We have friendly volunteer coaches from the Windies Cricket Club.
- Registration for the 2016 season will take place early April 2016 onwards.
- Practices commence on Monday, May 2nd 2016.
Cost is $75 per child for the entire season and includes all equipment, coaching, year-end BBQ, awards ceremony and prizes.
Click below to download the registration form:
- Monday evenings from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm.
- Mackin Park, Coquitlam http://www.coquitlam.ca/parks-recreation-and-culture/parks-and-trails/park-finder/Mackin_Park.aspx
- Parents are always welcome to stay and help out with the children.
- Saturday mornings 8:45 am – 11:00 am.
- Modified games against other teams in the Saturday morning cricket league.
- Various grounds around including Hugo Ray Park (West Vancouver), Brockton Point in Stanley Park, Mackin Park (Coquitlam), Memorial Park (Vancouver) and Douglas Park (Vancouver).
- Parents are encouraged to stay and cheer on the kids!
- If you have a child interested in trying cricket please contact us at: email@example.com